Friday, May 9, 2014

Checking in...with my Liebster Award!



Okay....I admit I'm far behind in my blogging.  But I had to (finally!) show up for my Liebster Award from my lovely friend Meredith over at http://newtwistafteralltheseyears.blogspot.com/

This should be very interesting, as I haven't really given any kind of personal information (well, outside of my feelings on DD, of course) on my blog.  Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Meredith!!  I shared your link above.

2. Display the award on your blog-- by including it in your post and / or displaying it using a "widget" or "gadget".  
It took me a hot second, but I think I did it right.
3. Answer ii questions about yourself which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.

4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.

5. Nominate 5 to 11 blogs you feel deserve this award, who have less that 1000 followers. (Note that you can ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display the widget that lets readers know this information.

6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.

7. List these rules on your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to :

8. Inform people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it (they might not have heard of it!)


Here are my questions from Meredith:
1. Are you right or left handed?
    I am right handed.


2.  Do you dream about being spanked?
     I'm not sure if I've dreamt about being spanked yet.  I have some clear, vivid dreams (in color!) that I tend to remember that split second I wake up and I haven't had that memory yet.  I do, however dream about sex.  A lot.


3.  How many states have you visited?

    I've driven through a bunch of states, but I've only visited eight, I believe.  And by visiting I mean making some kind of stop to see something, like a model train museum in Tennessee.  And no, that wasn't my choice.

4. First thing in the morning, do you like coffee or tea?
    Ugh.  Neither.  I'm more of a Mocha Frappacino kind of gal.  Thus, why I need to lose weight.

5.  What is you least favorite vegetable?

    Beets.  I can't even stand to say the word.  I've tried every way possible to eat those dang things and they're just disgusting.

6.  What is your favorite book of all time?

    Oh, come on now!  That's just impossible to answer as I am a bibliophile - especially romances.  My favorite book series is probably Harry Potter.  But, I do also love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.  And Cherise Sinclair's Master of the Shadowlands series.  To actually pick one book though?  Arrgghh.  If I answer the Bible do I get brownie points?  No?  I didn't think so.  That would just be butt-kissing anyway.  I'll have to go with the book(s) I've read over and over since my teen years: Tender Rebel by Johanna Lindsey.  Or Defy Not the Heart by Johanna Lindsey.  Or Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey.  Can you tell which romance author I cut my teeth on?  Otherwise, my favorite classic book would probably be To Kill A Mockingbird.  Was this supposed to be a short answer?

5.  Have you ever tried to talk your way out of a spanking?
    Well, as I've never had a spanking yet, I haven't had to talk my way out of one!  However, I have stumbled and mumbled my way through an explanation of why I handled something the way I did. I inevitably feel like an 8-year old scuffing my toe on the floor and biting my lip.

7.  Name a place you never want to return to?
    Huh.  I've pretty much enjoyed every place I've gone to visit.  We'll go with the Days Inn our family stayed at in Chattanooga, TN.  Place REEKED of cigarette smoke (like they had rolled the smoked cigarettes in our bed linens) even though it was a smoke-free room.  Was not good for this asthmatic.

8.  Do you sleep in the nude?
    Yes.  Almost always.  Sometimes I'll put on a tank top but I rarely have anything else on.

9.  Are you a night owl or a morning lark?
    Is there such a thing as an afternoon hawk?  That's what I would be.  I'm probably more of a night owl.  I have a reaaaalllllyyyy hard time getting out of bed in the morning.  Can you say snooze button?

10.  What is your best marriage advice?
     Oh, gosh.  Same as in DD - communication.  That can never be said enough.  And, truly - laughter.  I think laughter has helped us get through some of the tough times we've had.

11.  How does spanking work in your marriage?

     Spanking does NOT work in our marriage right now.  I wish it did.  I really feel I need it, just to balance me out and help me remember who is in charge.  But, alas, it's not an option.  I'm hoping that will change someday.  Either way, I'm working on my submission and respect for my husband.

Ok, and just because you asked for it, here are eleven random things you don't know about me:

1.  I am terrified of snakes.  Truly.  They make me scream and run like a girl in a horror movie.

2.  I saw Jaws when I was about five years old (I hid behind a chair and nobody knew I was watching it).  After that, I would literally think that sharks could come out of the walls if I was in a pool alone.  I'm sure you can understand my fear of the ocean.

3.  First thing I ever wanted to be when I grew up?  The first female horse jockey.

4.  What I truly wish I could have done with my life?  Be on Broadway.  I used to be a very good singer and dancer.  Alas, I was too shy to even try.

5.  I once told my husband (then fiancee) - who had asked me to start wearing more dresses and skirts - that if wearing them ruined my softball throwing arm he could just forget it.  What can I say, I was a tomboy.

6.  I am a sci-fi geek.  I love Star Wars.  I watch a ton of sci-fi TV shows.  I can't help myself.

7.  To continue my sci-fi geekness, I love to watch those really bad B movies about weather.  You know....like "Ice Tornadoes" and "Sharknado"?  Yeah, those.  I make my kids watch them with me.  Poor suckers.

8.  I am a huge football fan.  I love to watch both the NFL and my favorite college team.  O-H!!

9.  I've developed a thing for decorating my mantle this year.  It has to change every month.  I'm not quite sure what I've gotten myself into, but my addiction to Pinterest has grown because of it!

10.  I am a ginger.  And contrary to popular opinion, I do have a soul.  Just don't get on my bad side....

11.  I've been to Disney World four different times in my life (three since having kids).  I'm still planning to go back and see the new FantasyLand.

Ok, so I know I'm supposed to pick five other bloggers to give this award to, but four was all I came up with, since so many people had already received the award (since I'm so dang behind).  So here are my choices:

Kris at http://creatingharmonyforus.blogspot.com/
Tom's Rose at http://tomsrose.blogspot.com/
Grace at http://withme-withoutme.blogspot.com/
Annabelle at http://mysirmyforeverlove76.blogspot.com/

And here are their 11 questions:

1.  Do you have any siblings - and if you do, who is your favorite?
2.  How long have you been doing DD/ttwd and what have you learned about yourself so far?
3.  Ice cream or cake?
4.  What is your favorite movie?
5.  Who do you look most like - your Mom or your Dad?
6.  If you could be any animal, what would you be?
7.  Which actress would you want to play you in a movie?
8.  Who is your favorite superhero?
9.  If money were no object, where would you want to go on vacation?
10.  Which movie would you rather watch: a comedy, action, or love story?
11.  Did you play a sport in high school?

There you go!  Hope I did it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment