Thursday, March 10, 2016

Just a busy bee stopping to smell the roses

Oh my! How is it already the second week in March?!? I feel like time is just flying by this year!

I'm so sorry for not posting - it's been slightly hectic on the Homefront and it seems like it's just not going to slow down until September! The beautiful daughter is in her final semester of high school. College has been controlling much of our time between visits, signing up, scholarship essays, dreaming of dorm rooms, and worrying about growing up. How did my little cutie pie become a woman who is excited to vote in her first election? Somewhere I blinked and missed her growing up!

On top of all that there has been vacation planning, college courses for TBG, and trying not to let my sweet little boy grow up as fast as his sister did. But, grow up he does!

However!! I miss my blog friends who drop by! And I heard March is Question month....why, I don't know, but hey, I'm all for you learning a little more about me or TBG. 

SO, please...ask away! I would love to answer anything!

Talk to you all soon!

xoxo Maggie

8 comments:

  1. Maggie,
    A question for you...... have you ever been spanked when you feel it was not earned?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mere! Hmmm....I don't believe I have ever felt that I haven't earned a spanking. LOL. In truth, I should probably be spanked more than I am. I get away with a lot. However, if that were ever to happen I think I would take a page out of your book and just accept it. After all, I asked for this dynamic! And I always feel more settled after a spanking anyway.

      Delete
  2. Maggie.. It is so easy for time to get away at times and before you know it you are all caught up with the day to day business. Having kids makes a huge difference especially when entering college. Take the time to spend with your daughter as this moment in time only happens once!
    Question: How did you hold the discussion regarding TTWD in your relationship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabelle, I am trying to enjoy every moment of my time with her! Luckily she isn't going too far away from home so I will be able to visit her if she likes. We have a pretty good relationship.
      As to the discussion? Ohhhh my was I ever nervous! A dear friend had helped me the weeks prior get everything together so I could say what I needed. I still think it was one of the hardest things I've ever done! We sat on the couch together and I could barely look at him as I spoke. My voice was shaky. I was trembling just a bit. This meant so much to me and I was so scared I would be laughed at or denied. But, I wasn't!! He was wonderful. And we began our slow journey into TTWD. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. Hi Maggie, Do you have lots of rules or is it a fun and games thing for you? Have you a hated implement or a favourite one?
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jan! Always good to hear from you! We started out with rules but TBG felt that it wasn't what he wanted...that me having rules felt like I wasn't a responsible adult. This is something I have struggled with as I've realized I do much better with rules...and actually feel more secure. Even though I try to break them. Lol. We do have many spanky games though and we love that!!
      As for an implement the only thing I've had across my butt is his hard hand! And I'm okay with that! Lol. Implements sound like they are pretty painful.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear from you, Maggie. Where would you like your ttwd relationship to be a year from now?

    Hugs,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to hear from you, Ella! That's a really good question! I think a year from now I would like us to be more settled...more in a rhythm with consistency on both our parts. I keep praying that we continue to get closer (which is my absolute favorite part of TTWD) and continue to develop even more respect for each other in our roles. Thank you for asking!!

      Delete