I actually asked for this spanking- and got it!
I woke up this morning knowing I had to focus at work today. I've been slacking off lately. I get my work done, but not as fast as I could. Well, I have some files to go through and I knew I'd more than likely find myself procrastinating by looking at my phone. So, I asked TBG this morning if he would spank me to help me focus - and he did! Whew, I forgot how hard that man's hand is!!
Even now as I write this hours later I can still feel the slight burn. I love it though. Makes me feel loved. And I love the loving that always follows! I'm thinking the whole "asking for a reason" may work for the time being. He didn't seem to have an issue with me asking at all.
Anyway! I'm finally getting time to post answers to Ella's meme from this past week! It was a long week - we had a lovely Thanksgiving (which we host) and then we had a wake and funeral for TBG's uncle who passed away. That was a hard one emotionally. We opened our little house to nearly 50 people after the funeral...I couldn't believe we fit everyone in! But I'm so glad we did it and TBG's Aunt was so thankful.
Without further ado...here are my answers:
1. Have you ever said something rude to a doctor during childbirth?
No, I don't recall. I did however feel like I was going to rip the nurse's head off her shoulders when, after 21 hours of labor with my daughter, she told me I wasn't pushing hard enough. Hubby actually told me later he thought I was going to punch her.
2. Have you ever seen someone pop their eye out?
Ugh. No. And I'm so glad I haven't!
3. Had your stomach pumped?
Nope! I do remember my sister telling me she ate rat poison when she was little and they pumped her full of vitamin k and made her throw up. Poor kid.
4. Been to a drag show with a very large gay man?
Oh, I only wish! Gay men are the FUNNIEST!! That would be a riot.
5. Eaten a worm?
No, not that I recall. However I probably would have done it if I had been triple-dog dared.
6. Run a nifty, little money-making business when you were 11-12 years old, buying girlie mags for the neighborhood boys?
Umm, that would be a no. Ella was definitely an early entrepreneur.
7. Crawled through an underground storm sewer?
Again, no. It totally reminds me of The Outsiders for some reason. I could see myself doing that when I was about 10, given the opportunity. I was a complete tomboy.
8. Lied about your weight?
Every day, people. Every. Day.
I feel the number on that scale is a lie.
9. Needed your husband to help you up the stairs because you were so inebriated?
No, it was usually the other way around. However, there was that time in college I passed out in a puddle....
10. Seen a movie star in an airport?
Well, seeing as I haven't been in an airport since I was 15....that would be a no. Lol.
11. Walked out of a movie?
I've wanted to a few times, but never did. I did fall asleep during the movie Seven. I hated that movie.
12. Sat on a jury?
No! The one time I was picked in the pool the defendant pleaded out before there could be a trial.
13. Told a child "because I told you so?"
Oh yes. Nearly every day at one point. I started out trying not to, but explaining your reasoning to a child just doesn't always work out.
14. Ran a cash register in a small grocery store when you were 8?
Nope. At 8 I was planning on being the world's first female horse jockey. That vocation did not last!
15. Wrote a eulogy for a parent?
I actually did write my dad's eulogy but I wasn't the one to give it. I just didn't think I could get through reading it.
16. Heard a song you were sure was written and sung just for you?
I don't think I've ever felt it was written for me...but there have been a few in my life that feel like I could have written them.
17. Roasted chestnuts over an open fire?
I have not. I'm not a big fan of nuts, unless they are attached to...oh, that may be a little risqué!
18. Eaten 44 shrimp in one sitting?
You know....I've never counted. I do like shrimp, but I'm not sure that I could have eaten that many. My son could. He's a shrimpaholic.
19. Thrown all phones in a drawer for the entire weekend?
Wow. No, can't say that I have. It sounds heavenly (even though I would probably have to go thru detox first).
20. Gone on a vacation by yourself?
No and I'm not sure if I could. We don't get many vacations, so I would feel guilty not going with everyone. However, I could use a day and a night to myself just to read.
Aaaand done!! That was so much fun, Ella! Thanks for the questions.
I truly hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend - or, just a fabulous weekend if you don't celebrate it!
xoxo
Maggie
Maggie, I loved that you also wrote a eulogy for your dad. It was probably better that you let someone else read it. It was a very hard thing to do.
ReplyDeleteI think it was lovely that you hosted a gathering for the people who knew TBG's uncle. I know that meant a lot to him and to his family.
Hugs,
Ella
Thanks, Ella. It was the least we could do as we loved his uncle. And his aunt is very special to us. I don't know how I will ever get through writing a eulogy for my mother when her time finally comes. I'm hoping that's a long way off!
DeleteMaggie,
ReplyDeleteI loved finding your post this morning. Loved your answers! Loved that you asked for something to help you face the music!
Meredith
Hi Mere! Well, ask and you shall receive! And I received another spanking this morning in order to "keep my focus" and also to let me know I had disappointed him with something. That stunk. But the aftermath did not...
DeleteHI Maggie, see, asking is fine!! Nice answers but I don't think any of us are as much of a tearaway as Ella!!
ReplyDeletelove Jan,xx
Hi Jan! Yes asking works! Although my butt is still warm and slightly sore from this morning's short meeting. And nobody has answers like Ella - she's a hoot!!
ReplyDeleteI admire you. I'm still working on not being shy about this! We've been talking so much more (using Meredith's chat while facing forward method) and made a few forward steps but I cannot get over how uncomfortable I am after 25 years of marriage. Lol! Yay for you!
ReplyDeleteHi Deena, Thanks for stopping by! Meredith 's chat method is definitely something that works. We've used it quite a few times. And believe me, I'm STILL working on being shy!
DeleteHi Maggie! I love that you asked and it worked nicely!
ReplyDeleteI have had a hard time getting here. It always sent me to that Google thing and never here!
I enjoyed your risqué answer!
I'm so glad to see you here Minelle! Sorry you had a hard time getting here. And I enjoyed answering Ella's questions, so I'm glad you liked my answers.
DeleteMaggie, I've found your blog at last. loved reading your answers.
ReplyDeleteHugs Lindy
Hi Lindy! So glad you stopped by! Hope to see you around!
Delete